Monday, November 29, 2010

'Twas the night before...

Colin's 3rd Birthday.

As you all know, the Binkie Fairy comes on your third birthday. We've been talking about it for a long time, and Colin knows all about it. On the way home from school we had this conversation:

Colin: Mommy, I am gonna hide my binkie behind my bed.
Me: Why?
Colin: Because I think the Binkie Fairy's arms are short.
Me: the Binkie Fairy will still be able to get your binkies. Growing up is tough, but you'll be THREE tomorrow! Isn't that exciting?
Colin: I don't like the Binkie Fairy.

We came home and had a wonderful night. After I put him to bed in his room, I came downstairs to do some work. Around 9:30pm, I went to my room to get something, and I found this...

Perhaps he thought our room was a good hiding place because he has never snuck into our room to fall asleep like this! Poor kid doesn't realize that this makes it so much easier for the Binkie Fairy to do her job!!

Love this kid so much! Let the birthday madness begin. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so amazed at Colin's thought processes...good thinking skills. I hope all goes well with the binkie disappearance. Good luck!

Lori said...

Cutest story ever.

Sarah said...

haha!! LOVE IT!!! I wish i knew how they thought, ya know? so cute and what a great story!

Lin-Shao Chin said...

I <3 colin!