Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Polar Express 2010

The Elwells visited the North Pole via The Polar Express! The Elwell group (sorry, no picture of all of us): Mama Elwell, Pete/Sandy/Sam/Sarah, Nick/Tami/Reagan/Brooke, Billy/Monica/Anthony/Chloe & Jamie/Colin/Justin. Yep 16 of us!

Highlights of the trip: riding a train, Santa giving the kids silver bells, seeing the lights and elves at the North Pole, singing Christmas carols, eating chocolate chip cookies, enjoying quality cousin time, soaking up quality Grandma time, and of course, reading the Polar Express book.

The conductor punched Colin's golden ticket.

 Enjoying chocolate chip cookies with Grandma.

 Justin's first pic with Santa.

Colin singing carols with Uncle Nick, Aunt Tami, Reagan and Brooke. Colin spent most of the time on either Nick or Tami's lap, and he thinks that they need to go with us every year!

Having Grandma there makes this trip extra special for all of us, especially Colin. I could tell that Colin missed Jack (who had to work that night), but he had plenty of family there to make up for it. =)

1 comment:

Lori said...

I picture Justin seeing Santa and as you are handing him over to Santa, Justin thinking.. no, no .. nooo. And then in Santa's arms, WAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I love the Colin polar express story. I still think about him closely watching every move of the conductor and Santa. Can't fool Colin, he's got his eye on you!