But after some playing...
Justin enjoyed it much more. Colin would carry him into another room, then come back and scream "peak-a-boo!" Good laughs and smiles.
In other updates:
- Jack & Colin caught skunk #2 in our backyard. So if you are keeping track we have caught 1 raccoon and 2 skunks. Hmm, how many more will we catch?
- Sarah & I started dinner sharing this week. Week 1 was a huge success, and I can't wait to continue! (dinner sharing = Sarah cooks dinner for all of us on Wed, and I cook for all of us on Thurs)
- It started snowing this week. And it wasn't that pretty Tahoe snow. Our snow was more like slush - a rain/snow mix. As Colin will tell you, "That means it's winter, mommy."
Luckily the skies cleared up for our 10K run. Thanks Rachel and Danielle for a great morning!
- Colin invited all of the girls in his class over to our house to play. The teachers had to step in and tell the kids that they should ask their parents before inviting others to their house.
- I picked Colin up from class and on the way out, he said "Adios mis amigos!" I reminded him that he wasn't in Mexico anymore. Apparently, that is what their Spanish teacher taught them that day!
- When you ask Colin what happens when he turns three, he consistently tells you, "The binkie fairy comes and takes your binkie. But I'm not three yet."
- TEETH! We see three teeth piercing through. And boy, oh boy, we are feeling the pain. Justin isn't sleeping well, and he is just plain uncomfortable.
- You all know that Colin has eeyore has his security toy. Well, we think that Justin's security toy is a baseball bat. Yep, we have two of them, and he loves them both! He even sleeps with them at night. =)
These boys are growing up TOO fast for me. Just trying to enjoy every moment. =)
5 comments:
This is one of my fav posts. Classics: Justin scared for his life and Colin so proud in pic #1. Justin falling asleep in your arms hanging onto your bat in the last pic.
Congrats Jamie on doing your 10K!!! I don't know how you do it but I think you're doing great!
This is the beginning of the boys having so much brother fun together..enjoy but look out!
If you are wondering about pic #2. lego construction = skunk trap
cardboard box = front part of truck
blue tupperware = bed of truck.
Colin wanted to trap a skunk, put it in the bed of the truck, then drive it to the park to release it. But as soon as Justin saw this whole thing happen, he climbed into the truck (cardboard box) and wouldn't get out.
haha!
Haha! You're right, I do appreciate the storyline. You must have passed down your creativity to Colin! Love the lego skunk trap and the tupperware/cardboard box truck and way to go Justin for making this another Elwell classic.
That reminds me of the "Colinator" that Lori made at Samuel P. Taylor Park.
Post a Comment