Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thankful for good friends

Aarti, Aravindh & Leela offered to watch Colin & Justin for a whole night!!! We took them up on their offer, and got the kids ready for their first sleepover at a friend's house. Colin even packed his own bag -- eeyore and binkies were the first things packed. =) Jack & I were able to celebrate his birthday by enjoying a delicious dinner at Cafe Tandoor, walking the art festival, and sleeping 9 hours! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I'm a city girl -- never really had close neighbors, and never really thought twice about how different life could be with great neighbors. Well, we have so many awesome neighbors, and I love it! We've been spending lots of time with Sarah and her boys. We absolutely love seeing Evan and Colin play together, and we are looking forward to many more fun days ahead as Drew & Justin get older. I also have Sarah to thank for getting me out on the road again. We went for a speedy 3 mile walk in our neighborhood on Saturday (Everyone knows how fast I like to walk -- and Sarah definitely keeps pace!) I felt so good afterward that I went for a 3 mile run on Sunday. After a 2 month hiatus, I'm back in my running shoes -- now, I just have to keep it up!

And we are also thankful for Megan & Tom. They agreed to come over and babysit Colin & Justin while Jack & I enjoy part 3 of his birthday....seeing Jack Johnson in concert on July 21. More pics to come.

Did I mention that I'm working and working and working? Staff training starts on July 29, and I feel more behind this year than I ever have before -- maybe it was that whole 2.5 month leave I had earlier this year. I just couldn't catch up after returning to work. In any case, I'm trying to stay positive and balanced during this very stressful time... if you see me a bit stressed, please offer me chocolate or tell me to breathe. =)

Okay, enough with the words. Here are pics of the boys!

Evan & Colin playing in the water table.
Colin showing off his snacks. Justin loves to grab for them, so Colin has to play defense.
Jack reading books to the boys.
Justin eating rice cereal.

Love to all!

2 comments:

Meera said...

I hope you get lots of chocolate presents during training! I also hope you do not eat th entire tower of chocolate and puke in the RRR bathroom. Not like that's happened before... ;-)

CJ said...

WOW! Auntie Jamie you are amazing! Mommy has taken her sweet time moving the pictures from the camera to the computer. She's still stuck somewhere in the 4th of July. At this rate, it'll be August before she blogs about July. We'll see what she does tomorrow when i'm in school.