Monday, July 5, 2010

Grill, birthday & underwear

I have no shame in admitting that I want to be a bbq-ing family, but I don't want to do the work to grill. Luckily Jack plays along, and he agreed to get our first grill. It was a great excuse to have family & friends over to help us enjoy it. Thanks to Pete for actually doing the work of grilling in the 90+ degree day. (check back here again...hopefully I'll get more pics of the afternoon)




Happy Birthday, Jack! You are an amazing dad and partner in crime. Love you!

And lastly, we used this weekend to potty train, and COLIN IS OUT OF DIAPERS!!! Yep, we stayed home (or close to home) for most of the weekend. We were planning to use pull ups at night time, but he woke up with a dry pull up this morning. If it happens again, we're going to underwear 24/7! Yahoo!

5 comments:

Meera said...

wooohoo! Congrats, Colin! (and Jack and Jamie!!!) Big accomplishment!

CJ said...

Congratulations Colin on no more diapers...Auntie Jamie and Uncle Jack too. Auntie Lily says it's more patience training for the parents too. I know Mommy will be emailing you soon for your tips as well as they said my training weekend will be Labor Day weekend. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Colin...and Mommy and Daddy as well!
I love that picture of Justin on Jack's shoulders..it reminds me of the one you took of Colin at that age...brothers for sure.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!!!!! and many more..... love you all!

Angela said...

Happy birthday to Jack and woohoo for Colin! I love that last picture - so cute!

Lin-Shao Chin said...

that's awesome, now that he's potty trained, i can be left unattended with him. i love that photo of him holding his breath..something about it really cracks me up.