Sunday, January 31, 2010

Justin Yoshiro Elwell!

Justin was born on January 28, 2010 at 7:08pm. Weighing in at 8 lbs 15 oz, and 21 inches. He was a planned c-section baby because we had some signs (ultrasound & doctor advice) that he might be over 10 lbs! After all is said and done, Jack & I are happy with the c-section decision, and Justin & I are recovering well.


Where was Colin during all of this? Colin had a retreat weekend with his cousins. Spent Thursday night celebrating Justin's birthday with his cousins Reagan & Brooke. They made cupcakes and sang happy birthday to him! Colin slept next to Brooke's bed, and Tami said that Brooke put her hand down to hold Colin's hand at bedtime...so they fell asleep holding hands. If that's not precious, I don't know what is!Then he was off to Grandma's and more cousin time with Sam, Sarah, Reagan & Brooke. Made cookies and got to sleep in Grandma's bed! He didn't ask for us much, so we made the decision to just have him meet Justin once we got home. The hospital had some strict rules because of H1N1, and we just didn't see a need to risk anything.

My mom was so excited to hear about the first Colin-Justin meeting. So we planned to videotape it....



Colin loves to hold and hug Justin. So far, he's been a great big brother! Very helpful in getting toys, blankets and other things for Justin.

Special thanks to the family for all of the extra support! When we came home, Grandma even had dinner ready for us. Yes, we know we are spoiled. My mom arrives on Tuesday, and we can't wait to have her spoil us some more!! And I'm writing this post while eating my wedge of brie (thank you, Morgans!)

I hope to update the blog as regularly as I did pre-Justin...but no guarantees. =) Much love to everyone.

13 comments:

Valbona Bushi said...

ah look how Colin and Justin are getting along :D Thanks for the quick update

BKim said...

Congratulations!! Justin is so precious and Colin will be a great big brother.

Shirley said...

Congratulations!!! Love the video. Thanks for the updates. Get lots of rest Jamie. :o)

Anonymous said...

Big Baby! Congrats to the Elwell family! Kira can't wait to meet her new buddy. Hopefully she will be a great big sis to her little brother like Colin is to Justin. Love the video...very sweet!

Chris loves his little hat!

Take care Jamie!

CJ said...

Welcome to the world Baby Justin! Colin you're a big brother now just like I am to Dylan. Can't wait to meet you Justin. Auntie Jamie, Mommy says you're super for already being on your feet and blogging.

Lisa Krenz said...

I remember that moment of sibling meeting sibling and it is sooo heart-melting!!! CONGRATULATIONS on new baby boy Justin!
HOpe you recover quickly.
Can't wait to meet him!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously Jamie, I don't think Colin meeting Justin could have been any sweeter!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS! I hope you are feeling well! Justin is beautiful. Two boys...YEAH!
:)Kim Dettmer

Amy said...

Congratulations, Jamie, Jack and Colin! Justin is absolutely beautiful. I teared up watching Colin meet him for the first time- thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see you all and meet Justin soon!

LWT said...

Congratulations, Elwell family!! Little Justin looks like such a sweetie. I LOVE the introduction video. I totally cried. You make such a beautiful family! I missed you in the video, Jamie, but I hope you are doing as well as the other three seem to be doing!

Joe Wilmarth Tyna said...

Awww! This is such wonderful news. :) I'm so happy for your family!

Angela said...

Congratulations! The baby is too freakin' cute! And the video of Colin and Justin meeting is really precious. I'm so happy for you guys!

Kacee said...

He's adorable, and Colin is so cute with him! Congratulations! So happy for you! :)

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I loved watching the video. How precious...your hearts must be melting!