Sunday, July 26, 2009

Emerald Isle, NC: Elwell Family Vacation

We just spent a beautiful week on the North Carolina coast (the city of Emerald Isle, to be exact). Unfortunately, I don't have a group shot--but here are some highlights. Email me if you want more pics!

1. The road trip: 7 hours to Chris & Evelyn's (Hardy, VA). Stayed overnight. Next day, a 6 hour drive to Emerald Isle, NC. Stayed in a beautiful beach house for 6 nights. Completed the week with a 14.5 hour road trip from NC back home! And, we did it all in our little Honda! Our only family pic--we're visiting Fort Macon.2. Colin learned the names of all of his cousins, aunties and uncles! He even started to ask for some of his cousins---"Ry" and "Mit" to be exact! Rylee was absolutely wonderful with Colin, and she even put him to bed one night! Colin adored Mitchell (3mo), and begged to hold him and help feed him. 3. The beach house held 19 of us! Although I didn't get any pictures of the full group, here are a couple of gatherings--at Fort Macon and poolside. Obviously, Colin was spoiled with love and attention all week! Special thanks to Aunt Dorothy and Grandma for taking him on morning walks--it surely gave us some downtime in the house. =)
  • Chris & Evelyn with Ben (11), Rylee (7) and Mitchell (3 mo)
  • Pete & Sandy with Sam (2.5) and Sarah (11 mo)
  • Billy & Monica with Anthony (15 mo)
  • Jack & Jamie with Colin (20 mo)
  • Matt, Natalie, Grandma and Aunt Dorothy
4. We visited the NC Aquariam. Rylee, Ben and Colin touched sting rays and crabs!

5. Colin loved the water button on our fridge. I threatened a time out, so he stopped pressing the button, but stood by the fridge in this pose for about 3 minutes. Aunt Natalie tried to distract him so he would forget about the water, but Colin refused. In the end, he stopped playing with the water button!
6. We are lucky enough to have amazing chefs in the family. Aunt Evelyn, Grandma and Aunt Dorothy did the majority of our food prep and cooking (& Jack was grill master). We had crab, freshly caught shark, lamb, pork, tuna/steak/chicken kebabs (and my favorite--Evelyn's amazing chicken salad)--and tons of desserts. We can't thank you enough for shopping, planning, prepping and cooking for the whole family. Thank you!!! This is a pic of Evelyn and her cousin from Canada.7. Family--more family pics!




Thank you everyone for a wonderful trip!!!

6 comments:

Angela said...

What a great trip! I love the picture of Colin holding Mitchell... makes you want to have another one, huh? ;)

Lisa Krenz said...

Wow! It looks like you guys had a blast!!!

CJ said...

You'd make such a great big brother Colin! And you can survive a 14.5 hour car ride...amazing! I give my parents plenty to stress about for a one hour trip. hehe

Meera said...

I used to be obsessed with those refrigerator water dispensers. Who am I kidding?! I am still obsessed!

Also, amazing that Colin can survive such a long car ride! Progress!

Valbona Bushi said...

the pictures are beautiful. A little jealous with all the amazing food you had

Kristi said...

Hi Jamie,

It's Kristi Leong. I was just emailing with Kimi and she told me that you are expecting your second and gave me a link to your blog. Colin is adorable and you look great. I feel like seeing pictures of your parents, you and Lori are bring back old memories. Anyways, just wanted to say "hi".

Take care,
Kristi