Sunday, July 12, 2009

not always glamorous...

Growing up isn't always picture perfect....

Jamie:
  1. My dentist has informed me that i'm so stressed that I now grind my teeth.
  2. I suffer from insomnia.
Colin:
  1. He pooped and stuck his hand in his diaper. What happened next is too disgusting for words. Call if you are sick enough to want details! I'm more than willing to share. =)
  2. Jack put Colin in timeout (on the pumpkin mat), and then proceeded to the bathroom. Next thing, Jack hears Colin knocking on the bathroom door. Jack opens the door to find Colin standing and holding his timeout mat in one arm. He followed Jack's directions--he never left his timeout mat. Jack learned not to go to the bathroom during timeouts, and Colin is learning to sit in one place while in timeout.
  3. Learning language is a beautiful thing. But hearing "key door" for an hour could send someone to the looney bin.
  4. Colin uses his middle finger as his pointer finger. At school, they have informed us that when counting, he flips his middle finger for "one."
  5. He loves to run around naked after his baths. This time, he peed all over the foam mats. We gave them a thorough cleaning and said GOOD-BYE to them. We finally have our beautiful hardwood floors back!
  6. Colin still cuddles, thank goodness.
Jack:
  1. C'mon, has anyone seen him stressed out? (Except for the time when we had to buy beach towels in W.V....Matt and Natalie know what I'm talking about!) He doesn't stress out--he's our rock.
All part of life...and we're trying to laugh our way through it all! With that said, here are some of our week highlights:

We made Jack some birthday cupcakes. Colin loves to cook almost as much as he loves to eat.

Jack ran a 5 mile race this morning. Colin couldn't quite bend his knee in order to stretch just like Jack.
Surprise! Jack won 2nd place in his age group!!! 5 miles in 37:02. We are so proud. =) Colin had no problem turning the trophy into his next toy.

1 comment:

katiekuulei said...

You know I want to know what he did with his poop.... I'm a nurse :)

Hope you are doing well, teeth grinding, lack of sleeping aside!

-Katie