Monday, August 4, 2008

8 mo: Cheerios, teeth & crawling

Updates, Updates, Updates...

People say Colin has been teething since he's been 3 months old. He's a fan of taking people's fingers and chewing on them! Well, this morning, he got my finger, and I felt his first tooth coming out. WOW.

On another note, he's been eating Cheerios for a little while now, and I've managed to find at least one Cheerio in every room of our house. Only the beginning!

And the last Colin update--CRAWLING! Yes, he's on the move. He's crawling around furniture, playing with everything within reach, and is showing us how dangerous our house is. We're currently devising a plan to make one part of our house completely baby proof--so we don't have to follow his every move while at home.

Other updates--It's my busiest time of year at work...Student Staff Training. Long days, long weeks, but lots of energy, and having the students back remind me why I love my job.

Workouts. Jack, Lori (my sister) and I are going to sign up for a duathlon in October-- a 500 meter swim & 5K run. Jack and I are getting a bit competitive and...I think it's safe to say that I'll outswim Jack, but he can run circles around me. I'm hoping that the swim will knock more wind out of him than he'll realize. As soon as my student staff training is over, I'm going into high workout mode in hopes that I can outrun Jack in the 5K. And we're both fully aware that in the end, Lori could be at the finish line waiting for us to come in. Ha!

No comments: