Sunday, January 24, 2016

Happy New Year!


The day after we returned from the cruise we went to see the Harlem Globetrotters at the Q.  Everyone had a blast and the Globetrotters managed to pull out a victory even after most of their team was kicked out of the game.


Jamie's birthday was the next day.  Happy Birthday, hon.  After the cruise and the game we did not do anything exciting for her b-day.  Just cards and a few gifts at home.





One of those gifts was a new selfie stick.  This is the first (good) picture with the selfie stick.  We drove up to Ann Arbor with Grandma for NewYear's (I don't think anyone made it til midnight). A weekend full of family, great food and drink, Amazon Prime music and The Sopranos (Tony kills Big Pussy - one of the best episodes).



The following weekend was Grandma's birthday.  Everyone - Matt, Anna Banana, Danny Boy, Nick, Tami, Brookie, Reagan, Pete, Sandie, Sammie and Sarah and Grandma - came over to celebrate.  


After dinner the kids sang happy birthday to grandma (anxiously awaited cake).




Matt, you left your sunglasses here.  You'll have to talk to Justin about getting them back.




In other news - I'm making progress on my entertainment stand.  I thought it would be done sometime in August.  Then I went on overtime.  Should be done next week.


The kids were sliding down the stairs in a plastic bin.  They tried to talk Mom into doing it - luckily she backed out.


In backyard critter news - I installed a rope between two trees going over the bird feeder to see if the squirrels will go across it and drop down onto the feeder. 





They did.  I'll have to raise it. 



Have a good week.  See you soon.




2 comments:

Urban Farmer said...

Happy belated birthday Peg! Didn't you have a birthday in July too? hahaha

Anonymous said...

Haven't you been in overtime since this post? =( How's the entertainment stand coming along? Love all the pics and updates!