Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE the fact that Colin is reading and writing now. I found this surprise note on my weekend errands/shopping list. Love.
The boys have been into nail polish lately. Pure kid happiness. This past weekend, Jack was an amazing father and even did their fingernails! We prepped the boys for potential teasing at school - Justin said none of his friends teased him. Colin told us that it makes him feel good when he tells kids that he doesn't care that they are teasing him.
Oh, that time when the boys tried to earn money by making a snack stand with food from our kitchen. Then asked me to buy something. To Colin's credit, he had some homemade slinkies for sale. I bought mango slices and a slinky. =)
Memorial day with our dear friends, Myah, Jaime and baby Fiona. She's absolutely precious and the boys turned Fiona into a niners fan. =) Myah and I knew each other from my Portland days, and it's been so wonderful to reconnect and get the families together!
They live right on the lake and we had perfect weather!
Uncle Jaime showed the boys the scar that he got from wrestling the lake monster in Lake Erie. Colin was doubtful and kept asking for more evidence. Justin thought it was cool. That night, they both woke up screaming and Auntie Myah had to tell the boys that the lake monster was a joke. Ack!
I found this picture on my phone. I think it's such a great display of how different the boys can be. There was an indoor slide and Colin kicked off his shoes and ran up the slide. Justin carefully took off his shoes and placed them side by side before running off. Justin loves to fold towels and close drawers as well.
Justin did not like dinner on this night. No tantrum though - just a really big breakfast the next morning.
We also received a free playground set from our neighbors. Jack leveled the ground and rebuilt the whole thing. Now, there's really no reason to leave our house.
Oh, that time I came home from the gym and the boys (including Jack) decided to let the turtles out for a walk...around the house.
Justin made me a hula skirt (his own design), and insisted that I wear it to work. I came out and he said, "you look so fashionable, mommy!" Even funnier, my mom told me that the skirt made me look skinny. hahahahahahha.
Colin has always loved making paper airplanes.... and this is his biggest one yet! No pictures, but he's also loving origami and has mastered making a crane. My dad will be so proud.
I had to work one weekend, so Jack took the boys out to Grandma's house to see out-of-town cousins. I'd say that they had a good time! Life is so good with this many cousins!
Memorial Day BBQ campfire with friends. =)
So the boys love taking pictures of each other - well, I found this picture on the camera and have no idea what it is from and what is in Justin's cheeks. It just made me smile.
And tonight, Justin asked if they could have 6 minutes to read in bed. So I closed the door and heard very loud talking from the kitchen. I walked by the room and found this. (the video is dark at first). Pretty much, Justin is reading to Colin. Love.
Other Family Updates:
- Without fail, I become an NBA Finals junkie every year. I don't watch a single game all season and as soon as the Finals start, I can't miss a minute.
- The boys and I have gone swimming every weekend for the past 3 weeks! No pictures because that just wouldn't be safe. Jack promises that he'll join us this year. =)
- Colin loves origami, gin rummy and crafts. He ranked his sports as 1. soccer, 2. swimming and 3. basketball.
- Justin told me that "some kids like to buy toys. but I like to buy donuts." He prefers to play with people. Sometimes I feel like we are raising a future CEO. He's particular, focused and provides lots of feedback on what he likes and doesn't like. =)
- Invisible buckets: Justin told Colin that "everyone has an invisible bucket that follows them everywhere. Even the bathroom! and you can fill other people's buckets by being nice and kind." Well, one night Colin said something mean and Justin walked right up to him and said, "That did NOT fill my bucket!" (We LOVE justin's school for all that they teach the kids.)
- I was teaching the boys about nutrition and how our bodies need calories, fiber, protein and vitamins. After school, Justin was eating a leftover bag of goldfish and I told him that he may not have room in his belly for dinner. He looked at me and said, "Oh, these don't have any protein or fiber. They'll go through my body quickly."
- In the last year, Colin grew 3 inches and Justin grew 2 inches. I wish I could tell you how much their feet have grown too! They are getting BIG.
- Jack & Jamie are working. And after a bit of a health scare for me, we are both thankful for our health and trying to stay healthy. Loving life. Thankful. Peaceful.
3 comments:
Finally, an entry! haha About time dear.....
Thanks but who trapped the squirrel? :(
Notes on your shopping list equals happy happy shopping. Now that you mention it Justin's hula skirt does make you look skinny =P Fun cousin time and playground and turtles and origami, boy, do you all know how to keep busy and have fun! My ultimate fav is Justin reading to Colin. Oh the love.
haha. Colin made that squirrel trap on his own. Cut the holes out of the box and put a bagel inside. Then the boys screamed for Jack when they actually caught something. haha!!
Post a Comment