It started off with a 4 mile run/race with Linda. Right before the race, over 500 of us broke the Guinness Book of World Records for walking 100m with a water bottle on our heads. Dead serious. I can now officially declare that I hold a Guinness Book of World Record.
When Jack & I were dating, he informed me that Ohio was the "Northcoast of America." =) In all seriousness, I forgot how beautiful this park is!
At mile 3, they asked if we wanted to carry a gallon of water for the last mile (to represent all of the global communities that do not have running water and need to carry their water.) So, I foolishly picked up a gallon. It was painful, but I'm proud to report that I ran the entire last mile!
After we finished our race, Jack had appetizers and dinner ready for us!
Then we just had the most relaxing afternoon. Linda & Jacob have 2 kids, Eli & Julian, and they are the same ages as C & J. The boys ate dinner out by the campfire and played flashlight tag until 10pm. Yes, 10pm. (And all of the adults had good laughs and storytelling through the night too!) Fun times!I woke up on Mother's day to Justin's sweet face and Colin bringing me breakfast in bed!!! What a way to wake up. =)
The boys spoiled me silly and my sister surprised me with a Hawaiian sea glass necklace! Thank you!
Jack & Natalie got breakfast #2 ready - Delish! (plus eggs and toast)
Then we went out for our annual Mother's Day hike/walk. =)
Look at those poses! =)
The boys and I threw a football around and we didn't have 1 single catch the entire time. But we had fun. =)
I didn't plan a thing. I didn't cook and I didn't clean. It was the perfect laid-back weekend. Full of family time and sweet boys. A big thank you to Jack for making this weekend so easy for me. =) Love you.
Love these two!
The only thing that would have made this weekend more perfect was if I got to see my mom! You are absolutely the best and I miss you. My mom and my boys. Love.


2 comments:
I love your Mother's Day pics. It makes me so happy that you had a great day with family. Good going Jack! We enjoyed the day with Fumi and AM. Love you all!
Mother's Day 2014 looked amazing. Congrats on the race and that's a random-kind world record. Love all the family time. Miss you all so very much.
Post a Comment