Sunday, June 15, 2014

Saying Good-bye + Kelley's Island + Dad's Day

3 of the 4 Elwells had big transitions this week.

1. Justin finished preschool! We are so proud of this little guy and we are truly going to miss the teachers at his preschool. Justin will go to a different summer camp and will start pre-kindergarten in the fall! Way to go, Justin!

2. Colin finished up kindergarten. He started the year not knowing a soul. A new city with no friends. But he's excelled all year and we couldn't be prouder of Colin. He's a first grader now!


3. After 9+ years at CWRU, my last day was this past week. I've accepted a new role and as excited as I am, I'm also going to miss this fabulous group of people. I have been so lucky to work with such smart, talented, funny people!

To celebrate, we decided to head out the Kelley's Island to hang out for the day!

Here we are on the ferry - and that's our car down below! Yes, we even took our car!

 After a fun 30 minute ferry ride, we met Nick & Tami on the Island. Golf cart time!



Jack did some research and found some hiking areas. Nick and Tami were such good sports - venturing out on their first hike on the Island! The boys had their binoculars for bird sightings. I think Tami has some hope in the world of camping and hiking!

Nick & Tami headed back to "the mainland," and we headed to the beach on Kelley's Island. When the boys were younger, our beach trips were so awful that I refused to go to the beach for 2 full years. Let's just say diapers + sand + whining = NO FUN.

Well, I'm happy to report we are finally a beach family again!!! The boys played in the sand and water for 4 hours straight!! WE HAD A BLAST.

 Colin was busy digging holes and sand castles...
 while Justin was perfectly happy finding sea shells and rocks in the water.
 We played miniature golf, ate donuts, drank soda, visited the winery and ate lunch and dinner in the little town. A perfect day for us.

For Father's Day, I didn't take out the camera ONCE! Jack was so happy. =) We had a family swimming pool day and the boys tried so many things for the first time. Colin went down the huge 3- story water slide and Justin went down the medium one! Perfect weather. We spent the rest of the afternoon at Leela's birthday party and just had the best time. Happy Father's Day to Jack - the boys are so lucky to have you. 

And a huge Happy Father's Day to my dad! We can't wait to see you later this summer!

2 comments:

Urban Farmer said...

Summer is here! What a great weekend you guys had.

Happy Father's Day Jack..to one of the best dads around.

We had a great day too...especially looking at closet organizers at the Container Store. :O)

Melissa said...

what a big week for you all! Great pictures and I'm glad you got to celebrate. The boys are so big...we miss them tons.