Monday, May 20, 2013

Moonshine: Life at 5 & 3

Just from tonight...

Colin (5): We made a zoo. Do you want to come see?
Me: Yes! ... Oh, there are tigers.
Colin: I trained them. So you can pet them and they won't bite.
Justin (with binoculars around his neck): I'm in charge of finding birds that will come down and will try to eat our animals. (we're in the peregrine falcon phase and constantly talk about how they hunt for food.)

Me: Oh, a baby monkey is in your zoo.
Justin (3): Where is his mommy?
Me: I don't know.
Justin: I can be his daddy because I'm so handsome.

At bedtime, sometimes Colin sings me "you are my sunshine," but tonight he sang:
"You are my moonshine, my only moonshine....so please don't take my moonshine away."


1 comment:

Melissa said...

adorable. I can't wait to have some of those moments too.