Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hello, April!

Please welcome the newest member of our family, Mr. Juicer. =) Mostly for Justin to get more vitamins, but we are all loving it.

And obviously, when you get a juicer, you have to start composting because you can't let that dry pulp go to waste. By the end of the weekend, we had a composting bin set up in the backyard. Any bets on the 1st animal to get into this composting bin?
 
I was calling my hair, "mermaid hair" because it was just so long and flat. I finally got a hair cut and put layers back in - feels so light again! Can't really see it here, but it's the best picture I have for you. And don't let the blazer fool you. I am still a half-asleep mama because at night I realized I was wearing my tank top inside out the whole day!
 On Saturday, the Shaker Square Farmer's Market opened up and they had special events. Hello, sheep shearing. You haven't lived until you have seen a sheep sheared in real time. Did you know that sheep shearing is a competitive sport? Seriously, that's what the lady said.

Amazing, right? This is the national (or state or regional, I forgot) champion sheep shearer. They said that the sheep feels like he's in a recliner and the shearing feels good. How do they know?
 For another opening event, they were giving out free samples of food from the Cleveland Browns' caterer. Best polenta we've ever had!

 Saturday was jam-packed. After the farmer's market, we headed downtown to Tower City. The kids loved all of the water feature/fountains.
 But we didn't go just for water features - we headed to the Tower City Observation Deck. Jack has been talking to the kids about it for awhile now, and we finally made the trek. Nice view and lots of new development downtown. =)
 The Elwells at 42 floors high.
 A boys dream: riding a train while watching more trains.
Jack's weekend project: Building, painting and hanging a new bird house! He found the design online and started building away. We can add more birds to the animal watching we do from our house. We are all about deer, chipmunks and squirrels. Oh, and today we spotted a hawk. Fun fact: If you spot anything flying in the sky, it takes Jack .4 seconds to tell you exactly what type of bird it is.
We spent a ton of time just enjoying the beautiful weather. Kite flying and playground climbing for the boys. Girls night out for me. Running for Jack. House chores with open windows and music.  A couple of moments from the weekend...

A mole was loose in our house. He made this cave and every now and again, he'd come out and move chairs and furniture around the house.
So Jack & I had a plan to try and catch the mole, but still couldn't get a picture of it. (Mole sighting at the :50 second mark)
We finally just stuck our camera in the mole cave and caught this photo of the furniture-moving mole in our house. (Eventually, Justin woke up from his nap. Colin told him all about the jelly bean situation and they both crawled into the cave waiting for jelly beans. hilarious!)
*Maybe the weekend wasn't as relaxing as I remember. I must have had some pent up anger in me at some point.
Happy April!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hhahahaahhahh!!!!! Don't mess with moles and their jelly beans! Love the hair sister, love the goofy pic with masks of the entire fam!