As soon as she came in, I felt like she belonged here with the boys. Colin ran to her and although Justin was still clingy to Jack & me, by the second morning, Justin was calling "Ba-chan!" to get him out of his crib. =)
We did a ton - aquarium trip, zoo trip, dim sum trip, shopping trips, stay home days, easter egg hunts, science fairs and eating out. I took 2.5 days off of work and we all just enjoyed this time together. Jack & I even got out for some date time. Thank you so much for making us feel so special. Here are some pics...
We did Easter early so my mom could enjoy the fun with the boys...coloring the eggs and hiding plastic ones. I think she did an easter egg hunt once a day!
C & J's school hosted a science fair and the theme was outer space. The teachers have stations for all of the kids and J's favorite was the light table. Colin loved the constellations and making a comet.
We made a stop a the zoo...
And we visited the aquarium that just opened up. Let us know if you want our opinion before you go buy the $21 tickets. We made the most of our trip and had fun looking for starfish and seeing sharks.
Jack & I aren't huge gift givers, but he surprised me with an iPad for an early anniversary present!! Totally made my day. Then my mom took the boys for a whole day while Jack & I made a trek to the casinos. (Thank you, mom!) Between the iPad, gambling (and winning!), car-talk, and bar escapades with Jack & Matt (yes, Matt came to visit us), it was a near perfect day. Jack was a bit annoyed with my picture taking though. I was trying to get a pic of us with our new iPad. This is the best I could get.
As always, some of our moments were at home with no cameras to capture every moment. We enjoyed good food and good family time. My mom is all about learning and having fun, so she was teaching J his letters, and C how to tie his shoes. She talked to the boys about constellations and stars, did countless arts & crafts, cooked with the boys and read book after book. We enjoyed her wonderful food and good company. Loved.every.moment. We love you.
After my mom left, Colin said to me, "I think I will just sing songs about how much I miss Bachan. That will make me feel better." And Justin kept repeating "no more Bachan?" all morning after she went home. My heart sank a bit when we all had to go back to our regular routines today. We miss you already. But as Colin says, "Don't worry mom. If you miss Bachan too much, you can put something of hers close to your heart. That will make you feel better." When I asked him what we have of Bachan's, he replied, "Didn't she forget her sock here? You can use her sock."

2 comments:
I have not seen the boys happier in a post! That's one of the first funny faces that I've seen Colin make! Ma is so pretty in these pics!!! There's even some of Jack smiling -- you would have never guessed he didn't like pictures when you look at the one of him at the zoo. LOVE IT. Glad I wasn't you getting back into the routine without Bachan this morning... bet that was heartache. Although I absolutely love Colin's suggestions to help cope =o)
sounds like a great visit!!! colin cracks me up. he's too smart. did you find the sock?! =)
Post a Comment