Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hawaii, Week 2

Our Hawaiian adventure continues.

I don't have any pictures that show my favorite vacation moments, like
  • watching Lori & Colin march through the house as a marching band & dressing up in my mom's clothes or 
  • my mom playing with the kids everyday with the energy of a teenager or
  • Justin looking for the elf every morning (yes the elf showed up in Hawaii!) or 
  • Justin calling for hi-bachan, bachan & jichan with love (ahhh-ahhhm) or
  • watching Lori & Greg spoil the kids silly with attention or 
  • my dad teaching Colin all sorts of random things like how to color in the lines or
  • playing family poker and watching my grandma squeal in delight every time she kicked our butts or
  • all of the date time Jack & I spent together because our kids were too busy being spoiled by everyone else!
However, we did manage to capture some highlights to share with you. Hawaii, Week 2...

Most of us went on a daily walk or run... and our beach house was down the street from Dog the Bounty Hunter. I was scared to get too close because there were security cameras everywhere, so I made my mom pose for the picture!
 The boys getting their train fix on the Candy Cane train ride at Ala Moana.
 Colin created his own games for the family...here we are playing his version of "hot potato." Everyone was such a good sport and Colin loved all of the attention he was getting.
 Jack & I had several date days, and we went on a beautiful Mariner's Ridge hike for this one. Love the sunset.
 The beach at our house. Lovely.





Eating out with no kids and Jack had okonomiyaki for the first time!
 Date day outing: Jamie with frozen yogurt and Jack with his beer/margarita!
Date day outing: at Lanikai beach. Jack & I also ventured out to Northshore and saw where the Pipeline Masters competition was, had Giovanni's shrimp and ate at the Beet Box Cafe. Wonderful date day!


 Colin & Bachan spending quality time together.
 Auntie Lori and the boys at the zoo.
Jumping off to go swimming during our boat ride! We went for a ride on a boat, appropriately named, "Hapa." (hapa = half asian/half white.)
 
  Gingerbread House Time!
 Jamie & mochi ice cream from Bubbies. SO GOOD. We ate two tubs of these.
 Building forts...
 Auntie Lori & Uncle Greg treated the boys out to a trip at Sea Life Park. Dolphins, turtles and seals, oh my!

  And we spent lots of family playtime at the house. Jack & Colin swimming in the pool.
 Hi-bachan, the boys and me playing in our own band. Hi-bachan is on the drums, Justin playing the guitar, I'm the clapper and Colin is the singer. 
What a wonderful two weeks in Hawaii with family. Loved every moment. The family, food, weather, outings, date days, kid time, sleeping, adventures. Loved it all. Thank you for spoiling us silly with so much love and time. Aloha!


After a very long 12+ hour travel day home and Justin only sleeping 1 hour of our 8 hour overnight flight, Jack & I have decided that we are never flying with him again. Well, unless he grows up or something. =)

Cleveland welcomed us with sunshine and a slight chill in the air. Colin ran through the house and screamed, "the ground is cold." Justin wanted to go in his crib with his binkies and stayed there for about an hour. Jack & I unpacked, put the summer clothes in boxes and put our winter clothes on to get ready for our regular routines this week. We're definitely not in vacation mode anymore... reality = grocery shopping, cleaning, chores, Christmas prep & jet lag recovery. We're home!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

i want some of that ice cream stuff... :D

Angela said...

Me too! How fun, I'm extremely jealous!!! :) Seeing Justin's pacifier gave me a quick flash back to Hannah - that girl was beyond ADDICTED. I kind of miss seeing the paci face - so cute.