- "I don't like our bath. Auntie Lori has the best bubbles."
- "I want ice in my water so it tastes like Bachan's."
- "I'm keeping my eye on you." (my dad taught Colin this)
- "I like 'vacation mommy' better."
I am not adjusting as well as the kids and am having difficulty driving in the snow instead of the Hawaiian sun. (And I didn't think of this until now, but I started Bikram yoga this weekend - yoga in a heated room. Perhaps my unconscious is trying to stay in warmer Hawaiian-like climates. haha.)
Other parts of life have remained the same...Our elf found its way back to our house from Hawaii...
The kids are still playing the instruments and asking everyone to be in their musical parade.
And we've adjusted back to life by spending time with our Oakdale family. We live on Oakdale Road and we had a dinner reunion with Sarah and our neighbors that have since moved away. Here are all of the Oakdale boys! The boys all played together while the parents got to enjoy dinner and talk time. Nice.
And lastly, Hawaiians put mayo on their rice - and I think that's as weird as Sarah putting butter on her rice. See - you can be 5000 miles apart and still do weird things to rice. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment