Justin screaming at 6:30am waking the whole house up. Colin walks out of his room.
C: My eyes are awake but my body is so tired.
Me: Colin, can I have your favorite blanket that Grandma made you?
C: Sure you can.
Me: Ok, thanks!
C: Then I'll just sleep with you in your bed.
Justin: Elf, elf? Pop? Place?
Me: We have to go look for him. (then we find him.)
Justin: Hi elf! I like elf.
Colin: That elf doesn't look real. He looks like a stuffed animal. I think somebody has to touch him to move him.
Justin is talking more and more. Copying everything Colin does and Colin is loving it. My favorite Justin phrases are "I did it!" whenever he does something. Or when he checks in with everyone in the family. "Cah-yin?" "Daddy?" "Mommy?" wondering where everyone is. When I tell him, he just says, "Okay, mommy." I love his "thank you Cah-yin," and his "Christmas LIGHTS!!" every time we drive home from school.
Colin whining and throwing a fit.
Justin: Colin cry. Colin cry.
Me: Yes, you're right. Colin is crying.
Justin: Justin no cry.
Me: Very good. Justin is not crying.
Justin: Justin no cry. Justin no cry. (as he proudly walks away.)
Justin not eating dinner.
C: Justin. Look at me in the eyes. Justin. Look at me.
J: (looks at Colin)
C: Please eat a bite so we can have dessert. Just one bite.
Getting ready to eat popcorn and watch a movie.
Me: Here's the popcorn.
Colin: Did you make it? (looking very hesitant)
Me: Yes.
C: Did you put butter and salt on it?
Me: Yes, I did.
C: Daddy always puts butter and salt. He makes really good popcorn.
Colin: Daddy is good at fixing things. He fixes everything.
Me: Hey, I fix things too.
Colin: No you don't. But you drive us places.
Colin earned some money in Hawaii by doing some chores for my dad.
C: How do I earn money?
Jack: By working. But work in the house is family work and you can't earn money for that.
C: I'm little. How can I work and earn money?
Jack: You can ask people if they need you to sweep the snow off of their steps or you can work at the rentals for money.
C: How else can I earn money?
me: You can draw pictures and try selling them. Or try selling other things.
C: I can sell things in a restaurant.
Jack: Yes, you can sell something to drink, like lemonade.
C: Or I can just sell water.
C: I wonder what choice the elf will make.
Me: What do you mean?
C: We have been bad and we have been nice. I wonder what he will tell Santa.
Me: I don't know. What do you think?
C: I think he's going to tell Santa that we've been bad and Santa might not come.
As I'm washing dishes in the kitchen, I hear...
C: Justin, come here.
C: Justin, open this. C'mon Justin. Open it.
Me: No opening presents!!
Justin: (runs to me.)
Me: (I peek around the corner and see Colin with a present trying to get Justin to open it.) Presents are for Christmas morning. Presents go under the tree!
C: What if I took the presents upstairs and opened it? You wouldn't know.
Me: Yes, I know everything.
C: What if I took the presents downstairs and opened it? Then I could rewrap it and put it back under the tree. You wouldn't know.
Me: I know everything. Put the present back under the tree now.
Colin & I made our very first batch of peppermint bark. "The cooks get to lick the spoon." - C
Love their ages. Love these boys.
Friday, December 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you sure Colin is only 4 years old? :)
Post a Comment