Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week Updates & Baby news

We had an amazing week -- full of friends and good family fun.

Aarti, Aarvindh & Leela are back from a month long vacation in India! Leela asked to come play at our house for her birthday, so we all celebrated her birthday earlier this week. So great to have our friends back in town. Happy Birthday, Leela!
Colin teaches us yoga moves. Here is his 3-legged dog....
Our neighborhood shopping area has a weekly concert on the weekends. We have become big fans and this week Colin scored a candy necklace from the mosh pit.


Happy Father's Day! We combined celebrations and also celebrated our most recent baby news--we're getting ready to welcome a new baby niece in August. Congrats, Matt & Elena!


Grandma worked her magic and put Justin to sleep.
Matt convinced the kids to rub his feet. Gross.
And finally, Colin had his first kiss this week. Samena grabbed him by his shoulders and pulled him in for a kiss, and the teachers had to pull her off of him. Later the class was reviewing body parts, and he told them that "mouths are for kissing." I'm so not ready for this.

7 comments:

Lori said...

I didn't know the teachers had to pull her off of him. Man, they start this young, now? Hehe, jk, i think it's so cute!

Jack's one lucky dad! Did you laminate the bear poster? I couldn't tell in the video. Is it a placemat? Happy FATHERS DAY JACK!

Jamie Elwell said...

His teachers laminated it...so yes, maybe it is a placemat. I didn't even think about that. =) we had an awesome weekend with the kids...so great!

Lori said...

Awww, it sure looked like an awesome weekend from your pics. In the Father's Day video, the first time I watched it, I was focused on Jack and Colin ... so cute... and then the second time, I just watched Justin and he is so awesome! He seems like he just goes with the flow and is so happy.

Lisa Basalla said...

Lol...that's so cute! Good luck! I love your blog and hearing all about how you, jack, and the kids are doing! Xx

Jamie Elwell said...

@ Lori: At 51 seconds, Justin barfs.
@ Lisa: Thank you! I miss our 1:1s. Call us when you're back in CLE, would love to catch up. =)

Lori said...

HAHAHHA! My favorite part about it is that it's so subtle. He barfs and just carries on. He has no need to wipe his face nor does he need any special attention. I guess barf happens, what's the big deal. So cute, I love this little boy.

Meera said...

Leela looks exactly like Aarti! Adorable!
It's cute that she wanted to play at your house for her birthday. When I was a little older than her I would request Kentucky Friend Chicken.