Matt ran the 5K on Saturday, and Jack & I ran (yes, I ran) the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. Yay, us!

For everyone who may not believe us--here's proof of Matt running! He's wearing the green shirt.

Colin cried when his Uncle Matt left us to start the race. "maa, maa"-- I was holding him at the time, so he clearly was not crying for me! He was very happy when Matt was done and could hold him again.

The race ended at a bar...so we celebrated with a couple of beers. Can't wait for your next race!

Of course, I'm the camera-person of the family, so nobody took pictures of our start/finish of the race. But I made Jack take this one once we got home. It's proof we ran--we have our medals! hahaha. Call us if you want the details (times, PRs, etc). Long story short, I'm afraid to wake up tomorrow morning--I don't know if my legs will work. And in Jack's words, "Yeah, I don't even feel like I ran a half marathon today. I feel fine."

Thank you John and Stacie (plus soon-to-be baby Higgs in August) came over to help us celebrate. Later in the afternoon, Stacie and I checked out the
Hessler Street Fair; we found some great necklaces, and yummy food.
Non-running related updates--Frivolous first #1: Colin is now driving.

Frivolous first #2: Colin sits at the table now! Bye-bye feeding seat.

Frivolous first #3: (This is for my mom....who always used to yell at us for not checking our pockets before putting our clothes in the laundry.) The first rock, or any non-laundry item, that I found in the dryer. He loves to collect rocks, and Natalie showed him how to use his pockets. Do I really need to check pockets this early in his life?
3 comments:
You are hardcore, my friend! Congrats on the 1/2 marathon. I'm congratulating myself for a 1/2 hour on the treadmill (walking). haha
Congrats! That's pretty impressive. Running is NOT my thing, nor will it ever be. I get too tired... hahaha. And I LOVE the picture of Colin driving! Too cute!!!
Love the pic of you in the front seat! =)
Post a Comment