Tuesday, March 31, 2009

DC for the weekend

Work took me to Washington DC for the weekend. And in between work commitments, I was lucky enough to have Trish & Katie (our good friends, and congrats to Katie who is a full-time midwife now!) pick me up from campus (the Gaylord monster of a hotel & convention center). It was my first time in DC, so they hosted a driving tour of the White House, Washington Monument, other museums/monuments, and most impressive at this time of year--the Cherry Blossoms!!! The sheer number of trees was amazing. I can't imagine how stunning they are in full bloom--not til April 12. Next we went to Dupont Circle and had dinner at Raku, and s'mores at Cosi. Thank you for a wonderful evening out! (I can't turn this picture around---)
Jack was home with Colin for the weekend, and somehow was also able to pretty much finish remodeling on 2 apartments in house #3! If you are in our area, send any apartment seekers our way!
Thank you Natalie for helping Jack through the weekend! Here Colin is playing with the woodchips at the playground. Yep, you heard me right, Natalie said that he chose woodchips over the slide. Is this what boys really like to do?

3 comments:

Dan said...

I live in DC! What? No love?

Meera said...

I always used to choose woodchips. I wanted to see what was buried underneath them. I usually would end up disappointed and with an occasional splinter.

Jamie Elwell said...

Danny Adams!!! How are you? Are you running for public office yet? Meera--why doesn't that surprise me?! When will we see you again?
Miss you both!