We were playing at the library, and it was time to go. Just as we finished putting back all of the toys, he saw a different toy and wanted to keep playing. Well, I said "no," and he started screaming. I was thinking, "is this the first tantrum?" I didn't know what to do, so i said, "Do you want to go see Aunt Natalie tonight?" He stopped screaming, shook his head yes, and put the toy down. We put our coats on and left.
We went home to eat dinner, and then we picked Natalie up for an ice cream run.
5 comments:
jamie...i think you did a great job...it is not a bribe. you have to call it "redirecting."
Sounds to me like it was the first bribe Jamie!!! Welcome to toddlerhood!
We need to add you guys to our blog list!
aww .. he's soo cute!
i was about to go for the "redirecting", but then I thought about how smart children are. i think he just might be using his charm to wrap you around his little finger and you wont care as long as he's a mama's boy. =) have you introduced him to the wonders of mint chocolate chip?
Post a Comment