Wednesday, January 28, 2009

California girl...

My driving accomplishments:
  • parallel parking- done.
  • driving up and down steep hills - done.
  • sitting in hours of traffic- done.
  • handling road rage- done.
  • changing lanes- done.
  • driving through an ohio snow storm- uh, no.
With the help of Natalie and her shoveling skills, Jack's listening ear, and patience from Colin, I successfully skidding, slipped, and squirmed through at least 10 intersections today. At the last intersection, I'm 75% sure another car bumped me out of the slushy mess I was stuck in. Perhaps this year was no worse than past years, but with Colin in the car, everything seemed so much more dramatic and stressful. Who wants to be stuck in the middle of an intersection with a child in the car? Uh, not me!


In all fairness, Jack and Natalie take good care of me during the winter. I haven't snow-blowed a driveway yet, and Natalie comes over to help me shovel out of the messes I seem to get myself into. Now, if I could put these 14 inches of snow on a mountain and throw myself onto a snowboard--i'd love every minute of it!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wow, that's nuts! I hear you on the stress factor being raised with a child - that would not be fun, being stuck in the snow! It is, however, very beautiful!