Monday, June 23, 2008

My first good-bye!

Tomorrow I leave for a 5 day conference (SJTI) in Springfield, MA. Some have given me the advice to enjoy the time away, sleep soundly, and embrace the quiet. I can safely say that I am nowhere near that state of mind quite yet. I'm making myself nauseous thinking of all of the nights I'll be away from Colin, and am thinking of every possible excuse not to go! The fact that I'm not packed, and don't have any work prepared yet is a good indication that 1. I'm not going, or 2. I'll need Jack to settle me down, and help push me out the door so I can attend this conference that, before this week, I've been extremely excited to attend!

Given our history, people can probably assume that #2 will happen, and I'll be on my way to Springfield. Jack & Natalie have promised to take and send pictures/videos while I'm away!

2 comments:

CJ said...

You'll be fine and Colin is in good hands. It's harder for you than for Colin. Get packing and look forward to some uninterrupted sleep...get some zzzZzs in for me.

LWT said...

I am so jealous that you're headed to SJTI. I have heard SO many fabulous things about it. I hope you're able to really enjoy the experience, despite missing your two favorite fellas! I'll be thinking of ya :)