Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July with my parents

Yes! It was so great to have my parents in town for the week. My dad stayed busy taking care of our front garden area and building a storage unit in the basement next door. My mom was busy teaching Colin new words, singing songs, and cooking healthy meals for us. And Jack & I truly enjoyed sharing diaper changing duties with them. We loved having them in town for the week, and it was a difficult goodbye.

We celebrated July 4th at the zoo for "Red, White and Zoo" day!


Colin couldn't quite focus on all of the animals, but I'm sure he could smell most of them.

The boys hanging out on the lawn at the zoo.


My parents and I took Colin swimming. My dad LOVED to see Colin play in the water. If you haven't heard already, my dad has completed the Alcatraz open water swim for the past 7 years. (I did it once!) A huge accomplishment that usually leaves him with a rather large ego. Well, my competitive side wanted to make sure that his head wasn't getting too big, so I challenged him to a race. Knowing that I hadn't been in the pool for over a year, he agreed. At the end of a handful of races, I ended up with the gold medal! Admittedly, he did beat me when I wasn't wearing a cap and goggles for one race. But I owned him for the rest of the races!


Although my mom is not a fan of getting in the water, she enjoyed laying out in the sun!
Hawaiian shirts are standard for my dad. Needless to say, Colin has a good supply of shirts to match him. We all went out to celebrate Jack's birthday! Happy birthday to Jack. Colin loves to feed himself, and tried mashed potatoes for the first time.
Although my mom was tempted to pack Colin in her suitcase with her, we convinced her to leave him with us. Thank you for everything, and we love you!

1 comment:

Valbona Bushi said...

I never knew you received a gold medal in the Alcatraz open water swim event. That is huge Jamie!!! :D