Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Auntie Lori = Amazing

Life with Auntie Lori = Amazingness!

Week highlights:
  • Lori is vegan and Jack has agreed to join her vegan-movement for the month. Except Lori still eats kit kats and Jack still eats cheetos. I still eat everything.
  • Lori has motivated Jack to start running again, and they both signed up for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. She even gave our treadmill a good workout - unfortunately, I haven't used it since we moved to the new house.
  • I've enjoyed cooking our standard vegan recipes and some new ones as well. Lori seems impressed.
  • The boys are loving their Auntie Lori time. Reading books, snuggling, wrestling, cuddling and more. The guest room isn't done yet, so she's been sleeping with them. Oh, how they LOVE it.
Auntie Lori memorable quotes/happenings:
  • "I think I'm getting used to it here. I'm only wearing 1 layer of clothing today."
  • "One of my few goals is to not fall in love while in Ohio."
  • J is potty training and had a poop accident in the bathtub. Lori took charge of bathtime and clean up. Really, can you ask for a better sister/auntie?!
  • Lori has been in charge of nighttime books and the boys have convinced her to read an extra book each so they can stay up longer. =)
  • Lori comes to work with me on some days - so she can study for a full day. I love having her in the building and people think we are twins. haha.
Random photos of our week - none of them really capture how amazing it is to have Lori here. The boys are all over her, she's been helping us work on the house, helping us just be a 3rd adult in the house willing to do all things parenting. BEST LORI EVER!

Within her first 5 hours, we had her outside working. haha. The boys were busy watching tractors while Lori raked leaves.
 Random photo of Justin running around.
 It was near 70 degrees on Sunday so we went to our normal spot, Tinkers Creek. The boys looked for crawfish...
 but instead, found a teeny weeny clam..
 We hiked up and down to the creek and at the end of our hike, this amazingly awesome leaf pile was waiting for us. Can you see Colin's hand?
Then, it happened. Lori and Jack motivated me to RUN. I haven't been out on the road in about 6 months. I ended up doing a walk/run with the kiddos while the two of them ran way ahead. It was great to be out again, but oh, how it hurt. I don't remember the last time I was this out of shape. I'm almost motivated to stay consistent with this work-out thing.
 I downloaded pics from Lori's camera and found these..
Playground date with the boys...
 The infamous "ice cream before dinner" date with the boys. Oh, they LOVED this date.
 And here's a fun dinner date with our good friends, Amanda and Sophie. Amanda and I met in graduate school and our paths have crossed once again now that she works at Case! And her little one, Sophie, is one of Justin's favorite playmates at school. Sophie keeps up with C & J and they all had so much fun together! (we had monster smoothies with dinner and the boys taught Sophie all about mustaches.)
 Auntie Lori was in charge of book-time.
I have 3 more weeks of my Lori-goodness. LOVE IT!

No comments: