It's yard sale season! We hosted a 3 family yard sale in our front yard this weekend. We were able to clear out quite a bit from the house (which makes clutter-free Jack very happy.)
It's funny how the kids don't play with something until it's out for sale. The kids never used these toddler hoodie towels - until Colin declared, "it's my favorite towel; we can't sell it!" Here he is eating lunch amongst the goods with his new favorite towel.
The kids played inside and outside, ran through sprinklers and watched TV. They did great with seeing most of their outgrown toys go. And we had a surprise visit from an ice cream truck. Definitely a highlight! Who doesn't love an ice cream truck?
In the afternoon, the sale slowed down so the wine came out! Most of you know that I don't have a taste for alcohol - but I fell in love with Moscato wine. Delish! We were 4 moms just enjoying the beautiful weather and each others company. Thank you Debra, Sarah and
Aarti for making the day so much fun!
"Now that's how you do a yard sale." - from a stranger. Justin woke up cranky from his nap, but I just sat there unaffected - kid and wine in hand, I was content.
So later that night, the wine wasn't sitting well with me and it eventually came back out. I slept most of Sunday to recover. I'm definitely no drinker. Jack told me that's why he married me, "so he could have a designated driver forever." Isn't he the sweetest. =)
Sunday morning, I crawled out of bed and opened Mother's Day presents. Oh yes, a waffle maker! After a trial run with too much batter, Jack got the hang of it and whipped out some perfect Belgian waffles for breakfast.
We ate breakfast on our new porch, and Justin enjoyed his new bike. "Leela give bike to me." - Justin will proudly tell anyone walking by. Leela was kind enough to hand her bike down to Justin, and I can't tell if he loves it because it's a bike or if it's because it was Leela's.
So if you are keeping track, yes, C has a purple bike and J now has a pink bike. The boys couldn't be happier. =)
My official mama's day crafts are this beautiful bracelet, a box with shells and a shell handle, and a coaster (i think) with Justin's face on it.
Dinner = bbq ribs, coleslaw and fries. Thanks, hon! Jack also made margaritas and given Saturday's wine episode, I got a share of the kids' virgin batch. By dinner on Sunday, though, I was finally feeling a bit normal.
Nobody wanted to take a picture, but they love me and all obliged me. Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Any advice on what to do with my hair? keep in long and layer it? chop it short? bangs again?
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i love the hair long!!
No bangs, go short for summer! Shoulder length or chin length bob!
Happy Mother's Day Peg and Jamie!! Hope you had a wonderful day as I did....love you!
Post a Comment