Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fabulously Full Weekend


Work hosted a crazy hat party last week. I didn't have the craziest hat, but I had fun in my diva hat. Can't you imagine me on the beach with this thing? It has the perfect amount of floppiness.
 Saturday ranked as one of our best spent family days...

The weather was wonderful and we headed out to grandmas. Helped her plant some flowers...
 Played in sprinklers...
And rode tractors...
 BBQ'ed, ate outside, relaxed, played, relaxed, devoured cookies, relaxed! Thank you for a perfect Saturday afternoon.

Sunday was race day for the Cleveland half marathon. I never really got my running mojo back, so instead of a PR, my new goal was to finish. The heat was crazy and I've never seen so many people faint and ambulances on a course before.

This is what 5am looks like. I woke up a bit early and was bored waiting in the kitchen. Lucky you - you get Jamie pictures.
7am with my sister in law, Tami, and her girlfriends...
10:30am. Finished the race and made it home. I even ran for most of it. I walked all of the inclines and water stations. I took it easy with my lack of training and heat. I'm just happy to have experienced another Cleveland Half! Next time, I'll need to come up with a better training plan.
12:00pm. I had a quick turnaround. Right after the half marathon, I had to get all dressed up to work commencement for 5 hours. My hips and feet were killing me, but somehow I managed to wear heels for the entire time!
No pic - but I got home at 6pm, changed into my pj's and didn't move. Best feeling ever; although I'm a bit worried to see what condition my body is in tomorrow morning.

Funniest picture. At the race packet pickup, VW was there with a bicycle powered picture booth. Jack peddled while Justin and I waited in the booth. Justin was scared of the picture booth...
Hope you enjoyed your overdose of Jamie pictures and have a fabulous week!

2 comments:

Azarah said...

love the two solo pics of the boys. it's so HAPPY :)

and GOOD JOB on completing the half!!! i signed up for the B2B (which was yesterday), and I didn't even bother to go.. teehee.

and i'm loving all the jamie pics!! =)

Lori said...

You look amazing sissy! You're the only person I know that can run a 2:16 1/2 without training.