Monday, May 30, 2011

A parade-free Memorial Day weekend

We had a full weekend - lots of relaxing and lots of fun time with family and friends.
Aunt Natalie & Honeyballs came in for a visit.
 Honeyballs loved being outside - and the kids loved finding him under bushes.
 Beach Time! I absolutely love Natalie's hat. Expect to find me in one of those next time you see me at a beach. (Does the bikini body come with the hat? That would be awe-some!)




We had fun at Grandma's house. Justin took good care of this baby doll for a bit...first time we've seen him role play with anything taking care of it. He did a good job too - carried, cradled and kissed the baby! And Colin keeps talking about wanting a baby sister....perhaps the boys know something we don't. =)
 The sun was out in full force, so we put my hat on Justin. He kept it on for about 3 minutes.
And a couple rare things happened on this trip to Grandma's: Colin played basketball & Justin ate a fresh pear. Colin just recently started showing more interest in sports - must be the nice weather! And I never ever, ever thought I would have a child that didn't eat fresh veggies and fruits. With the amount we have in our house, how could you not eat them? Well, Justin is slowly changing - after months of mostly dried fruits, today he finally ate a fresh pear. We are so proud. Magic happens when you're at Grandma's house! (And Grandma taught Justin "please" today. He says "peas," but you get the point.)

And lastly, we said good-bye to our good friends Mel & Drew. They are moving back to beautiful Washington. We will miss them dearly and can't wait for our first family trip to visit them in the Northwest!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I miss the Elwells. I miss the Elwells soo much.