Friday, January 14, 2011

Story week...

Colin put Justin in his room, locked and closed the door. Justin was in the room and Colin & I were out. I freaked out a bit while I was trying to get Justin out of the room. Before I knew it, Colin ran downstairs and put himself in timeout. I got Justin out and when we got downstairs, Colin said, "I'm so sorry Justin. I tried putting you to sleep. But I locked the door and you didn't sleep."
-----
Colin: S-T-O-P. That spells STOP. (as we are looking at a stop sign)
Me: YES! It does.
Colin: Why didn't you stop? you slowed down, but you didn't stop?
Me: Do I stop at STOP signs?
Colin: A little bit.
-----
Me: Colin, do you want to come to work with me and earn some money? (I had to go into work on Saturday to pack some boxes.)
Colin: Ok, I want money so I can buy a snack.
Me: You will only earn money if you listen to what I say and work hard.
Colin: Ok, then I want to buy a healthy snack at the museum when we are done.
(After we finish some work in my office, we head to the Children's museum. He surveys the entire snack table full of m&ms, cookies, crackers, fruit cups, gummies, etc)
Colin: I want the peach cup please.
Me: (in amazement) Out of all these snacks, you want the peaches?
Colin: yes, I want a healthy snack.
(side note: in our house, snacks fall in two categories: sugar snacks and healthy snacks. Popcorn falls in 3 categories: Aunt Natalie popcorn (airpopped), Daddy popcorn (microwave), Mommy popcorn (kettlecorn)
----
At night, I allow Colin to watch 2 TV shows. He was watching his second one while I put Justin to sleep. I came downstairs, and found him sitting on top of a huge pile of blankets and pillows on the couch. Oddest thing ever. After the show ended, I was trying to look for the remote, and he stayed sitting, silent on top of his mountain. I finally started moving him and looking through the blankets. I found the remote on the very bottom of his mountain. He screamed and threw a tantrum when I found it and turned the TV off.
----
And on another night...
Colin: Please turn the TV off, I don't want my brain to turn to mush.
----
Colin & Justin love playing together and chasing one another. We can tell that Justin absolutely loves chasing Colin all around the house, and they both love playing under tables and little corners. As most brothers do, they fight over toys and sharing. Jack & I are trying to enjoy every minute because they are both growing up so fast!

No comments: