Sunday, May 16, 2010

Running Weekend...

Team Elwell (Nick, Tami & Jamie) ran the Cleveland 5K on Saturday...and we kicked butt. Tami just started running 6 months ago, and she beat her goal time by 15 minutes. Nick ran his fastest 5K - and flew by me in mile 3. And I had no idea my body could run as fast as it did! (My time was 26:25 for the 5K = 8:28 pace) I love race day adrenaline!!!
After, we enjoyed homemade waffles, cousin time, and lunch at Nick & Tami's. One of the best mornings I've had in awhile!! THANK YOU. =)
Kids are just so creative...


On Sunday, we were off to cheer on some of our friends running the Cleveland marathon. Here's a shot of the cheering team. (plus Jack & Justin behind the camera)
Colin was cheering with us -- For the most part, he was cheering "Good job!" But after he screamed these two "cheers" I had to pull us back from the roadside.
  • "Put your shirt on! Mom, why is he not wearing a shirt?"
  • "Why are you walking?" (We were at mile 19 at the top of a long hill.)
We came home to a fun afternoon and dinner with Megan & Tom.Thanks for bringing the ten pound bowl of fruit salad--I still can't believe we (mostly Colin) ate it all!
For the last month or so, Aarti & Leela have been coming over for Tuesday night dinners. Leela is absolutely adorable, and she is so great at holding Justin. But this week, they are leaving for a month long trip to India. Colin is going to miss his "leela parties," but we can't wait for them to come back. I just love Leela in this shot...she put on Colin's boots and loved it!

2 comments:

Lily said...

Jamie, you amaze me...you just had a baby and you are running in marathons! Colin and Justin are getting so big! Cuties!

Valbona Bushi said...

Great running :D Keep it up. Important to stay in shape all the time.