Saturday, April 3, 2010

Trip to SF: week 2

Bachan, Jichan, and Auntie Lori spoiled us silly... Colin always had someone to play with, Justin always had someone to hold him, and I always had food to eat! And thank you to everyone who came by to see us and play with the kids. We feel very lucky to have you!
San Francisco, Week 2 adventure stops:
  • The California Academy of Sciences is amazing. The white croc is my favorite, and Colin loves the "lizards climbing on the rocks." Colin and I even went back by ourselves to enjoy more of the museum. It's a must-see for any SF visitor. Thank you Amy and Rumi for taking us. =)
  • SF Conservatory of Flowers had a special train/railway exhibit. They recycled products to recreate the SF landscape, and had a train run through the exhibit...even a Thomas train for the kids!
Firsts for Colin:
  • Riding the Blue & Gold Fleet (a 1 hr ferry ride that took us under the GG Bridge and around Alcatraz). L-O-V-E-D every minute of the boat ride.
  • Riding the merry-go-round at Pier 39. Rode it three times! "on a dragon, brown horsie, and panda bear."
  • Eating Moroccan food. When eating with your fingers is expected, how could it get any better?
  • Watching bakers make sourdough bread. They even make them into animal shapes!
  • Speaking Japanese. Colin imitates everything--even my mom speaking in Japanese!
  • Letting Auntie Cindy go home with his eeyore, blowing in Auntie Lily's ear, and riding the motorcycle with Auntie Korby. He sure loves all of his aunties!
Justin highlights:
  • Yes, this was his first trip to SF.
  • Absolutely loves...doing stretches with my mom, taking naps with my dad, and cuddling with Auntie Lori. Also loves taking naps with his great-grandmas!
  • Taking baths in a salad bowl in the kitchen sink. =) Next time, I'm calling Ella & Lily to borrow more baby stuff!
Jamie's favorites:
  • Seeing so many family & friends. We talk about them a lot at home, so I think it all "clicked" when he finally met everyone in person...he warmed up to everyone pretty quickly.
  • Watching the kids play with family that they don't get to see very often.
  • Sleeping through night Justin feedings. Mom did some bottle feedings to give me extra hours of sleep! THANK YOU.
  • Getting a gold star for flying home with 2 kids all by myself! I did it!!!
What was Jack up to?
  • He was the best man in Denny & Casie's wedding (in Phoenix). Congratulations you two!!!
  • Flew back to CLE and did work on the rentals and house projects. Best time to do work is when no kids are around!
  • Colin started asking for Jack toward the end of our trip.."I miss my daddy." "I lost my daddy." "I want my daddy."
  • Slept through the night without any baby cries! He said he slept 11 hours straight one night. The party is over now that we are home. =)
Some family pictures of the trip. (There are just too many pictures to put on the blog.) Email me if you want to see more!






What a great trip! 10 more days til I go back to work...

1 comment:

Meera said...

Looks like you had a fantastic trip!! Love the pics! Hope all is well. Enjoy the last few days before you have to start work again.