Colin's 6 month stats: 28 inches, 20 lbs 2 oz.
Hi all. Colin has hit the 6 month mark! He can sit by himself (most of the time), stand holding onto his toy table (some of the time), and is starting to eat veggies! The doctor also cleared him for sitting in the jogging stroller and for swimming! Great news for Jack and me--as we are looking forward to our normal outdoor routines this summer.
Updates: Jack is wrapping up the remodeling on the house next door (yahoo!). I'm not sure if he's committed to another marathon this summer, but he has started his running workouts again. Colin is very excited to be spending more time with Jack, and has him wrapped around his little finger. Colin knows that if he wimpers with Jack around, Jack will pick him up and walk around. Colin proceeds to grin like a mischievious little kid. 
Jamie: I am truly enjoying every moment with Colin and Jack. Everyone keeps telling me that I'll never get these moments back...so I'm trying to live in the moment. Don't get me wrong--work can be stressful, chores around the house take a little longer, my workout routine hasn't quite started, and Colin still gets fussy. But in the end, I am so thankful for everything in my life, family and friends included. Yes, motherhood has made me mushy (or mushier)!
Note on food: With Colin beginning to eat real foods now, Jack and I have done a lot of talking about what we eat, and what we want for Colin. So in all of our new-parent eagerness, we are going to try and go the "homemade" route with Colin's baby foods. Hoping that fresh foods will give him a good start to a healthy diet in the future. Doing a quick search in google and picking up general books at the library have taught us quite a bit about the "crap" that is approved for consumption. Amazing! With all of that said, I know that I'll have days when I am so exhausted that I won't know how to walk straight--and that take out pizza may be the only way we eat. I'll approach that day when (not "if") it comes. =)
7 comments:
6 months old! what an adorable personality he has already...
Jamie! We've taken a HUGE interest in food recently and I'd recommend:
1) http://www.localharvest.org/
2) Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
We are signed-up for a CSA - Community Supported Agriculture - and all of the food is local and organic. You can use local harvest to find restaurants, farmers markets, CSAs, etc to identify some things in the Cleveland area.
Great to keep reading about your family!
Peace-
Joe
A,V,M is a book by Barbara Kingsolver and is terrific as book-on-CD
I Love the updates! Colin is SO stinkin' cute! And I am so glad you are enjoying motherhood... It's such a fun time!
:) Kim
Jamie, I love your blog! You and Jack are truly amazing parents raising a cutie pie! And I'm glad that motherhood is treating you well :) I miss you! Can't wait to meet the little guy in person - of course, by that point, he'll be a little older than a year. It's crazy how time flies. Wishing you and your family all the best!
Lisa
Hi! Colin is getting so big! I must confess, your blog is the reason I have a blog - I totally copied your idea cuz I loved it so much :) It's great to see all your updates. I've been looking now and again to see what you guys have been up to. Life changes so fast!
Post a Comment