Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving Week



Happy Turkey Day everyone.


Aunt Natalie came into town Tuesday night.  We stayed up late and watched the third Harry Potter movie.


The weather was pretty good for November so we managed to get in some hiking.


This is the boys with Reagan and Brooke at Brandywine Falls on Wednesday.


After hiking we drank hot chocolate and played Exploding Kittens.  Can you guess which one forgot whose turn it was?


Thursday morning Chris and I ran the 35th annual Cleveland Turkey Trot.  Maybe next year I'll take a picture while I'm there.


After the race it was off to Ed and Mai's house for the annual Thanksgiving Day Bourbon and Eggs brunch.


Some of us were more into the bourbon than the eggs.  
Thanks for hosting Ed and Mai.  It was a great time.


Thanksgiving dinner was hosted by Aunt Tami and Uncle Nick.  Dinner was great and everyone had fun.


Like every year, we also celebrated Colin's birthday.  Then we did the annual Kris Kringle presents for the kids.  


Friday night we all went to Bistro 83 in North Ridgeville for dinner.  The food was great and it was good to see Uncle Bill, and Aunt Caroline and Jay.  

Can't wait to do it all again next year.

In other news...


The weather was great last Friday - sunny and 70 - so I went fishing on the Grand River.  I didn't catch any steelhead but it was a beautiful day.


And the very next day this happened.  Gotta love Cleveland.


We discovered that Justin loves shrimp poppers.


A swarm of grackles went through our back yard.


Colin had a birthday party at our house with his friends.  Lunch was bacon burgers and instead of cake, Colin wanted mochi.  


Jamie bought "Super Cola" candies and dared the kids to eat them.  They're super sour, so I'm told.  I didn't try them.


Colin didn't hesitate.


But Justin was frightened at first.


Then he decided to go for it. 


He's gonna do it.


Here it goes.


Not too bad so far.


"Oh no.  What did I do."





After all that he ate about 6 more of them.



That's it for this week's adventures.  See you soon.


No comments: