Picked up the boys from school and off we went! Yes, we all still fit in Jack's pick up truck. =)
On our way to our first hiking spot, Jack's truck decided to stop working. We are so very thankful for skilled mechanics - who work on Saturdays and are willing to travel to you! The boys and I started carving pumpkins while Jack waited for the mechanic. Long story short - all worked out and we had our truck back!
Once the truck was fixed, we headed out to a couple viewing spots! Our first stop was to Stone Tower. If I had a better camera, you'd be wow'ed by the fall colors in the background.
Justin, tell us how you really feel....
Colin loves origami and brought a huge supply when he found out it was a no-electronics weekend. haha. Between wrestling with with each other, family games and origami, the boys had no trouble filling the time. It was a bit rainy and wet, so we didn't do as much hiking as we expected.
One of our favorite parts of the weekend was our visit to Thunder Rocks! Huge, climbable rocks! Colin absolutely loved climbing them and Justin and I loved jumping on the little ones!!
Pumpkin-carving time!
It was a perfect weekend getaway.
Our cabin for the weekend! (As of October 22, 2014, Justin has yet to wear jeans this season. He absolutely insists on wearing shorts.)
Once the truck was fixed, we headed out to a couple viewing spots! Our first stop was to Stone Tower. If I had a better camera, you'd be wow'ed by the fall colors in the background.
Justin, tell us how you really feel....
Colin loves origami and brought a huge supply when he found out it was a no-electronics weekend. haha. Between wrestling with with each other, family games and origami, the boys had no trouble filling the time. It was a bit rainy and wet, so we didn't do as much hiking as we expected.
Oh hey, I was on this trip too!
Love this kid...One of our favorite parts of the weekend was our visit to Thunder Rocks! Huge, climbable rocks! Colin absolutely loved climbing them and Justin and I loved jumping on the little ones!!
It was a perfect weekend getaway.
- Justin's version: When I picked up Justin from school on Monday, his teacher said to me, "Justin told me all about your weekend. And how you didn't get the cabin with electricity. He said he had fun, but he was excited to come home to play dragon city."
- Colin's report: "Thunder rocks were the best!"
- Jamie's thoughts: Thank you to Jack who planned the entire trip! From the food to the kids' clothes, he did it all. I was only responsible for packing my own bag. How many mothers can actually say that?!
- Jack's thoughts: Thank goodness we didn't have to tow the truck back to Cleveland.
Yes, we're fully enjoying Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment