Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Justin @ 3 AND A HALF

Justin cracks me up. constantly. He also makes me crazy. constantly.

Last night, we were talking about what it would be like if we had a baby in the house.  After I told the boys that they were old enough to help with diapers (among other things), Justin said, "I have an idea. We can just do a playdate. Then the baby can go home with their mommy and daddy." And now, he only talks about playdates with babies.

This morning:
Me: Be a good listener and kind today.
Justin: I know. My teachers told me.
Me: Oh, your teachers told you that you were a good listener and kind? (with a proud mama smile)
Justin: No. They told me that I have to be a good listener and kind.

As I kiss him on his arm.
Justin: How many times do I have to tell you? Only kisses on my cheeks.
(Oh, and another Justin rule is that you can't kiss during a hug.)

As we're pretend playing Fireman Sam, sometimes I don't do things exactly the way he wants,
Justin: You're not listening. I'm not very proud of you today. Take a break and think about listening.
Me: I tried my best.
Justin: Do you want to try again? Listen this time.
  • He is at his absolute happiest when he is wrestling and getting in tickle fights with Colin and Jack.
  • He throws a fit if he thinks that you are laughing at him at all.
  • Most of the time, he absolutely hates to be alone in any room of the house. But every now and again, we'll hear, "I need my lonely time."
  • Absolutely hates being dirty. Lint on his feet & crumbs on his hands are the absolute worst.
  • Will eat his veggies, but only if you serve them in quantities of 3.5. (his current age)
  • His food will-power is amazing. Sometimes he turns down sweets and snacks, "too much sugar. Can I have something healthy?" (healthy = crackers, applesauce or yogurt)
  • His toy will-power is also amazing. Even if Colin wants a toy, Justin will not beg for one. He'll just say, "No. I don't need anymore toys."
  • He runs up to Jack and punches him. It's also common for him to "hug" Colin and end up tackling him.
  • He loves to run and slide on the hardwood floors.
  • If Colin does something nice (like share), Justin will say, "what a nice brother."
  • Colin loves to roll his jeans up at the bottom. Justin refuses to. "That looks goofy."
  • He loves to dress me in the mornings - and he does a pretty good job. He picks out skirts and dresses most and he loves it when I curl my hair. "You're so beautiful" he tells me. =)
And that's just a dose of his big personality. Love that Justin.