House updates:
Surprise! As you know, Jack works from 2-11pm. So on Friday, when the kids and I came home from school to Jack in the kitchen, it was a huge SURPRISE! He secretly took the day off and waited for our countertop installers to come. He made dinner and started to make our kitchen feel like home! He previously told me that the counters wouldn't arrive until mid-October, so I was WAY beyond excited!! Like I said before, he's mine. Best surprise ever!
Now that we have a kitchen island, we did some family shopping for bar stools. The boys loved testing them all out.
As you know, we've been doing the toaster over/microwave set up for 2 months. Well, today, that
changed. I had to take a picture of our gas, heating/cooling guy, Zane.
He came by the house just to hook up our stove!!! Does anyone need any boiling water?
Oh yeah, the boys. Life for them is not centered around home updates. =) So here are some other happenings...
Colin was thrilled that I finally booked his birthday party location. He immediately started writing invitations. He wrote it out all by himself! Can you read it? "PLEZ KUM TOO MI PRD." It's also the first party with a real "limit" on friends and he had to write out his invite list. Kind of crazy that he has more friends than me.
We also pre-bought tickets to the kids' school's Fall Fest, so although it was rainy on Sunday, we still ventured out. The rocket car is always a big hit - unless it's raining. And I should have paid better attention when we got on this thing- the driver is actually wearing a helmet with a face shield. We were the only brave souls to go on, and I think they canceled this activity after we were done.
Mostly because the rain pelted our faces like rocks. The boys sat like this for the entire trip. My cheeks hurt and I spent the majority of the time using my hands to cover Justin's hands and face. So I was surprised when we got off and Justin screamed, "That was so cool! The best ever!" What?? Were we on the same ride?
After the rocket car, I decided that we'd only do indoor activities: playroom, balloon twisting, gym playing, arts & crafts. It was nice, warm and fun.
Look at these boys! Growing up way too fast. Also, I want to cut the boys' hair, but people are telling me to keep it longer. Thoughts?
We wrapped up Sunday with family time celebrating cousin Sam's birthday!! I can't believe you are 6!
Yep, the kids had a blast scarfing down their cake and ice cream.
C & J are serious about their dessert. And they were the last ones at the table. Yep, they take after their mama. =)
3 comments:
we miss you!!!! let's get together sometime. i don't like just looking at pictures.
what a nice surprise from Jack! your kitchen is looking gorgeous.
the boys are growing up so quickly.
What an awesome surprise!!! Kitchen is looking good!
Can't imagine the boys with longer hair -- let it grow so I can see what it looks like!
Post a Comment